Belhar Births a Modern-Day Michaelangelo!


Michael Abrahams, Belhar’s most loved artist and street performer, recently showcased an original collection of paintings and sketches to the Cape Town communities. Introduced with the theme “Home is Where My Roots Lie”, Michael’s array of works authentically expressed his reality and aspirations. His talent also reflected his resourcefulness through the creative use of canvas, stone, match-boxes, car bonnets and t-shirts.

The program for the day included arts and crafts and performances by various artists (see pics below!).  In addition to the exhibition, Michael’s talents were also demonstrated in a display of ‘heavy lifting’ and a comedy performance (with co-star Robyn Radcliffe) – a true imitation of the great multitalented Italian, Michaelangelo!   

Michael thanks everyone for their support at the event, and tells us what makes him a successful artist. “You must be in love with your work,” he says. “I feel like my art is my people, my children. At the end of the day I don’t wanna give away my children, but that’s how I spread a bit of myself to the world through my art.”

***Want to see more art by Michaelangelo Abrahams? Come to the monthly MUTE (Multi United Talented Entertainers) Expression Sessions in February 2015 (more details to follow on Cultsha Kennis!) or visit his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michaelangelo-As-art/667106960005187



See highlights from the exhibition below!   

Michaelangelo’s art studio in Uncle Ivan’s Garage in Hyacinth Road, Belhar













Armbands by ‘Bead Life’


Arts and crafts by ‘Bluegum Boys Crafters’







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dialogue with Clive Ridgway: Creativity, Country-Rock and the CTSS!

Quanita Adams Receives a Standing Ovation for At Her Feet at the Baxter Theatre this Weekend!

Let’s Talk Theatre Again #6: A Dialogue with Bianca Flanders on Theatre, TV and Her New Children’s Book!